Monday, September 27, 2004

Well I had my very first go at advocacy today. Advocacy is where we go before the judge and put our case across.
It was a nice simple matter with no client and no one on the other side. I had spent the weekend doing my little script and then re-doing it and then perfecting it. So I finally get my turn to go before the judge. Now normally the mess with the papers then lean back and ask you what you want. So I wait patiently for him to sit back so I can do my well rehearsed piece and the ruddy judge starts doing all the talking with me saying yes sir, yes sir and then about 8 other words then thank you. I left the room rather disappointed hehe

Ah well hopefully now I have started taking on injunction clients I will finally get to go to court and speak properly. That’s if I ever get an injunction client that turns up. 2 out of the 3 I have had phone up since it was decided I get to play with files didn’t turn up and the other one was in cells so a barrister had to come chuh.

My time will come, I’m sure.

I spent this morning in court working out mine and Tom’s finances for hen we buy a house and it’s easily done I can’t wait. It’s going to be fun being a proper growed ups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home