Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Just got back from doing a 5k run for work.

It was a nice practice one to see how far it actually is ready for Septembers run. I made a promise with a friend to stick with her as she said she was very unfit and had not trained (i've only been swimming twice and the gym properly twice hehe)

There was three of us to start and we had a nice pace going and my mate asked me to slow down and our Gem scooted off merrily.

We did it 41 mins which is cool considering we're lazy beggars. Its not as far as I thought it would be and we spent most of the time chattering away and laughing, we were doubled over laughing as we turned a corner and saw one of partners there watching us hehe. If we had actually concentrated and shut up for 10 mins we would have done better but it was laugh and a practice run for us and we didn't get sweaty so I will only look half hideous in the photo the paper took of us! (omg shame of being in the paper!)

A few people are going home smelling of horse poop as there was loads of it about, good job my trainers are springy so I could bounce over it!

Well I have my medal and another thing to add to my argument of why work should pay for my degree should I feel arsed enough to do it hehe

Roll on September I'm going to get a good time on that one, especially as I will take it serious knowing I am doing it for someone I know!

Hmm quite hungry now, may go lay on the sofa and see if Tom will make me some toast hehe

3 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

yaaaaay well done you!!

July 28, 2005 8:56 am  
Blogger Skippy said...

yay gem, well done. I'm impressed! 41 mins is a good time!

July 31, 2005 10:18 am  
Blogger little_velvet_lady said...

:) well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*offers gemma cake*

August 05, 2005 2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home